The key technology of straight surface grinding of surface grinder is how to select appropriate clamping method to reach the straightness requirement between adjacent surfaces.
First, with fine flat vice clamping grinding straightness skills and tips
1. The structure of surface grinder fine flat vice
The fine flat jaw vice of surface grinder is mainly composed of base 5, fixed jaw 4, movable jaw 3, driving screw 2, pinching hand 1, etc. The fixed jaw is made into a body with the base, each side face and the bottom face are straight with each other, and the clamping face of the jaw is also straight with the bottom face and side face. The movable jaw can move back and forth on the dovetail guide rail to clamp the workpiece in the jaw.
1- Fixed jaw; 2- Movable jaw; 3 – convex platform; 4- Drive screw; 5 – base
2. Tips and tricks for grinding straight surface with fine flat vice clamping
Grinding small straight surface, especially non-magnetic data workpiece often use fine flat vice and clamping processing. The grinding process and tips are as follows:
1) Put the flat jaw pliers on the crack electromagnetic chuck table, and make the clamping plane of the pliers mouth in the same direction as the working table; Then use the dial indicator to align the pliers mouth to clamp the plane, the general error should be found within 0.05mm.
2) Adjust the drive screw of the flat pliers and clamp the workpiece in the pliers mouth, so that the workpiece plane is slightly higher than the pliers mouth plane; Then use the dial indicator to align the workpiece to be grinding plane, the general error should be found within 0.03mm, after alignment clamping the workpiece.
JPM618 digital display surface grinder
3) Adjust the travel interval of the working table and the height of the grinding head, so that the grinding wheel is in the grinding position.
4) Grinding the surface of the working table to make the flatness meet the requirements of the drawing.
5) Turn the flat pliers together with the workpiece 90 degrees, and suck the side side of the flat pliers on the electromagnetic suction cup table.
6) Grinding the straight surface of the workpiece to make the workpiece straightness.
Two, with the surface grinder fine Angle iron clamping grinding straight plane skills and tips
1. Surface grinder fine Angle iron structure
Surface grinding machine fine Angle iron is composed of two mutually straight working plane, the straightness deviation between them is generally within 0.005mm, can reach a high processing accuracy. There are several through-holes or grooves of different sizes and shapes on the working plane of the Angle iron to facilitate the clamping of the workpiece.
2. Techniques and tips for grinding straight surface with fine Angle iron clamping of surface grinder
With the surface grinder fine Angle iron clamping workpiece skills, grinding process and tips are as follows:
1) Put the fine Angle iron of the surface grinder on the surface of the electromagnetic chuck table, and make the straight plane of the Angle iron parallel to the movement direction of the working table.
2) The finished surface of the workpiece is close to the straight plane of the Angle iron, and slightly pressed with the press plate and screws and nuts.
3) Use the lever type dial indicator to find the plane to be processed. If the plane to be processed also has straightness requirements with another straight plane, the other straight plane should also be corrected, so that the straightness error in the tolerance scale is shown in Figure 6).
4) Tighten the nut on the plate screw to tighten the workpiece, and adjust it once again with the table.
5) Adjust the travel interval of the working table and the height of the grinding head, so that the grinding wheel is in the grinding position.
6) Grinding workpiece to drawing requirements.
Three, with the magnetic straight Angle iron clamping grinding straight plane skills and tips
The magnetic straight Angle iron consists of a number of low carbon steel plates placed at interval and a brass or pure copper plate (or other non-magnetic material) tightly wrapped together with pot bolts, as shown in Figure 7(b). The space between the plates of the absolute magnet is equal to the space between the absolute magnetosphere on the electromagnetic chuck, and the four working surfaces of the magnetic conductive straight Angle iron are processed into mutually straight.
When used, align the brass plate of the magnetic guide iron with the insulation layer of the magnetic chuck, and the magnetic field lines of the magnetic chuck will extend to the magnetic guide iron. Therefore, when the electromagnetic chuck is energized, the side of the workpiece is sucked on the side of the magnetic straight Angle iron, this clamping can make the workpiece to reach a higher straightness.