The vertical milling machine is suitable for using various rod milling cutters, circular milling cutters, and angle milling cutters to mill planes, bevels, grooves, etc. The milling head can be adjusted ±45° clockwise and counterclockwise in the vertical plane, and it can feed automatically in the X, Y, and Z directions. Now, let’s take a look at its usage and structure classification together!
Operational matters of vertical milling machine:
1. It is strictly prohibited for the operator to overload the equipment on the vertical milling machine.
2. Before starting the vertical milling machine, it must be carefully inspected according to the patrol inspection points and lubricated according to the lubrication chart.
3. When the vertical milling machine is parked for more than eight hours before starting the equipment, it should first rotate at a low speed for three to five minutes to confirm that the lubrication system is unobstructed and all parts are moving normally before starting to work.
4. During the use of the vertical milling machine, it is not allowed to leave or entrust others to take care of it, to dismantle the safety protection device, and to dismantle the gear iron.
5. Before moving the beam spindle table and lifting table of the vertical milling machine, the fastening screws should be loosened, the surrounding debris should be removed, the guide rails and the oil should be cleaned.
6. When the vertical milling machine is in rapid or automatic feeding, the range-limiting gear should be adjusted first.
7. During the work of the vertical milling machine, the equipment, the operation and lubrication of each part must be checked frequently. If the operation or lubrication is poor, stop using it.
8. It is forbidden to put work, clamp measuring tools and workpieces on the work surface of the vertical milling machine.
9. When the vertical milling machine adjusts the automatic cycle, the correctness of the automatic cycle of the machine must be checked before driving.
10. When the work of the vertical milling machine is completed, put the handles in the non-working position, put the work table in the middle position, drop the lifting table below and cut off the power supply.
Structure classification of vertical milling machine:
1. Desktop milling machine: a small milling machine used for milling small parts such as instruments and meters.
2. Cantilever milling machine: a milling machine with a milling head mounted on a cantilever. The bed is arranged horizontally. The cantilever can usually move vertically along the column guide rail on one side of the bed, and the milling head moves along the cantilever guide rail.
3. Ram type milling machine: a milling machine with a spindle mounted on a ram, the bed is arranged horizontally, the ram can move horizontally along the saddle guide rail, and the saddle can move vertically along the column guide rail.
4. Gantry milling machine: the bed is arranged horizontally, and the columns and connecting beams on both sides of the milling machine constitute the portal frame. The milling head is installed on the beam and the column, and can move along the guide rail. Generally, the beam can move vertically along the column guide rail, and the worktable can move longitudinally along the bed guide rail. Used for processing large parts.
5. Plane milling machine: a milling machine used for milling planes and forming surfaces. The bed is arranged horizontally. Usually the worktable moves longitudinally along the bed guide rail, and the main shaft can move axially. It has a simple structure and high production efficiency.
6. Profiling milling machine: a milling machine for profiling workpieces. Generally used for processing complex shape workpieces.
7. Elevating table milling machine: a milling machine with an elevating table that can move vertically along the guide rail of the bed. The worktable and sliding saddle usually installed on the elevating table can move longitudinally and laterally, respectively.
8. Rocker arm milling machine: The rocker arm is mounted on the top of the bed, and the milling head is mounted on one end of the rocker arm. The rocker arm can rotate and move in the horizontal plane. The milling head can rotate a certain angle on the end surface of the rocker arm.
9. Bed-type milling machine: The worktable cannot be raised and lowered, and it can be moved longitudinally along the guide rail of the bed, and the milling head or column can be moved vertically.
10. Special milling machines: such as tool milling machines: milling machines used for milling tool molds, with high machining accuracy and complex machining shapes.