With the increase in the number of high-precision and high-hardness mechanical parts, as well as the development of precision casting and precision forging processes, the performance, variety and output of grinders are constantly improving and growing.
(1) Cylindrical grinder: It is a common basic series, mainly used for grinding cylindrical and conical outer surfaces.
(2) Internal grinder: It is a common basic series, mainly used for grinding cylindrical and conical inner surfaces. In addition, there are grinders with both internal and external cylindrical grinding.
(3) Coordinate grinder: Internal grinder with precise coordinate positioning device.
(4) Centerless grinder: The workpiece is clamped centerlessly, generally supported between the guide wheel and the bracket, and the guide wheel drives the workpiece to rotate. It is mainly used for grinding cylindrical surfaces. For example, bearing shaft support and so on.
(5) Surface grinder: A grinder mainly used for grinding the surface of a workpiece.
a. The hand grinder is suitable for processing smaller size and higher precision workpieces, and can process various special-shaped workpieces including curved surfaces, flat surfaces, and grooves.
b. The large water mill is suitable for the processing of larger workpieces, and the processing accuracy is not high, which is different from the hand grinder.
(6) Abrasive belt grinder: a grinding machine that uses a fast-moving abrasive belt for grinding.
(7) Honing machine: It is mainly used for processing various cylindrical holes (including smooth holes, axial or radial discontinuous surface holes, through holes, blind holes and multi-step holes), as well as conical holes, elliptical holes, Cycloid hole.
(8) Grinding machine: a grinding machine used to grind the flat or cylindrical inner and outer surfaces of the workpiece.
(9) Guide rail grinder: a grinder mainly used for grinding the guide rail surface of a machine tool.
(10) Tool grinder: a grinder for grinding tools.
(11) Multi-purpose grinder: a grinder that is used to grind cylindrical, conical inner and outer surfaces or planes, and can use follow-up devices and accessories to grind a variety of workpieces.
(12) Special grinder: a special machine tool engaged in grinding certain types of parts. According to its processing objects, it can be divided into: spline shaft grinder, crankshaft grinder, cam grinder, gear grinder, thread grinder, curve grinder, etc.
(13) End face grinder: a grinding machine used to grind the end face of gears.
According to the movement characteristics and technological requirements of the grinder, the following requirements for electric drive and control are required:
1. The rotating motion of the grinding wheel generally does not require speed adjustment, it can be driven by a three-phase asynchronous motor, and only one-way rotation is required. When the capacity is large, Y-triangular step-down start can be used.
2. In order to ensure the processing accuracy, make it run smoothly, and ensure that the inertia of the worktable is small and has no impact when the reciprocating movement of the worktable is reversed, hydraulic transmission is adopted to realize the reciprocating movement of the worktable and the lateral feed of the grinding wheel box.