(1) Cylindrical grinder: it is a common basic series, which is mainly used for grinding cylindrical and conical outer surfaces.
(2) Internal grinder: it is a common basic series, which is mainly used for grinding cylindrical and conical internal surfaces. In addition, there are grinding machines with both internal and external circular grinding.
(3) Coordinate grinder: internal grinder with precision coordinate positioning device.
(4) Centerless grinder: the workpiece adopts centerless clamping, which is generally supported between the guide wheel and the bracket. The guide wheel drives the workpiece to rotate. It is mainly used for grinding cylindrical surface. Such as bearing, shaft support, etc.
(5) Surface grinder: it is mainly used for grinding the surface of workpiece.
- The hand grinder is suitable for processing workpieces with small size and high precision. It can process all kinds of special-shaped workpieces including arc surface, plane, groove, etc.
- Large water mill is suitable for the processing of large workpieces. The processing accuracy is not high, which is different from hand grinder.
(6) Belt grinder: a grinder that grinds with a fast moving belt.
(7) Honing machine: mainly used for processing various cylindrical holes (including smooth holes, axial or radial discontinuous surface holes, through holes, blind holes and multi-step holes), as well as conical holes, elliptical holes and cycloidal holes.
(8) Grinder: a grinder used to grind the flat or cylindrical inner and outer surfaces of workpieces.
(9) Guide rail grinder: it is mainly used for grinding the guide rail surface of machine tool.
(10) Tool grinder: a grinder used to grind tools.
(11) Multi purpose grinder: it is used to grind the inner and outer surfaces or planes of cylinders and cones, and can grind a variety of workpieces with servo devices and accessories.
(12) Special grinder: a special machine tool for grinding certain parts.
According to its processing objects, it can be divided into spline shaft grinder, crankshaft grinder, cam grinder, gear grinder, thread grinder, curve grinder, etc.
(13) End grinder: a grinder used to grind the end face of gears.