Surface grinder is a kind of grinder. The grinding wheel is mainly used to rotate and grind the workpiece to achieve the required flatness. According to the shape of the worktable, it can be divided into two types: rectangular worktable and round worktable. The main parameters of the rectangular worktable surface grinder are the width and length of the worktable. The main parameter of the shaped worktable is the diameter of the worktable. According to the different types of shafts, it can be divided into horizontal shaft and vertical shaft grinders. Such as M7432 vertical shaft round table surface grinder, 4080 horizontal shaft rectangular table surface grinder.
1. The working principle of surface grinder
1. The main movement of the machine tool: the grinding wheel is directly driven to rotate by the motor installed in the grinding head housing, which is the main movement of the surface grinder.
The spindle of the grinding head can be moved along the horizontal guide rail of the sliding plate, and the sliding plate can also be moved vertically along the guide rail of the column to adjust the vertical position of the grinding head and complete the vertical feed movement. Electromagnetic chucks are usually installed on the worktable of surface grinders for clamping ferromagnetic parts. The electromagnetic chucks can also be removed and replaced with other fixtures or the workpiece to be processed can be directly installed on the worktable.
2. Feed movement:Longitudinal feed motion: The worktable moves back and forth in a straight line along the longitudinal guide rail of the bed.Transverse feed movement: The horizontal intermittent feed of the grinding head along the horizontal guide rail of the worktable is carried out at the end of the reciprocating stroke of the worktable.
3. Vertical feed movement: The grinding head slide plate moves along the vertical guide rail of the machine tool column to adjust the height of the grinding head and control the grinding depth feed.
Except for the rotation of the main shaft, the other feed motions of the machine tool are realized by the hydraulic transmission system, and they can also be performed manually.
4. the cutting motion of the surface grinder is as follows:
1. The main movement is the rotational movement of the grinding wheel on the spindle of the grinding head
2. Directly driven by a motor with a power of 2.1/2.8KW.
2. Feed movement:
(1) Longitudinal feed movement is the linear reciprocating movement of the worktable along the longitudinal guide rail of the bed, which is realized by the hydraulic transmission system.
(2) Transverse feed motion is the horizontal intermittent feed of the grinding head along the horizontal guide rail of the slide, which is completed at the end of each reciprocating stroke of the worktable.
(3) Vertical feed movement is the movement of the carriage along the vertical guide rail of the column. This movement is done manually to adjust the height of the grinding head and control the grinding depth.
2. Features and advantages of surface grinder
1. High precision and stable quality of machined parts
The positioning accuracy and repeat positioning accuracy of the surface grinder are very high. It is easier to ensure the consistency of a batch of parts. As long as the process design and procedures are correct and reasonable, coupled with careful operation, the parts can be guaranteed to obtain high machining accuracy and easy to align. Quality control is implemented during processing.
2. High degree of automation, which can reduce the operator’s physical labor intensity
The grinding machine processing process is automatically completed according to the input program. The operator only needs to start the tool setting, the EDM cutting machine loads and unloads the workpiece, and changes the tool. During the processing, the main task is to observe and supervise the operation of the machine tool.
3. the size marking should conform to the characteristics of the grinding machine
In NC programming, the size and position of all points, lines and surfaces are based on the programming origin. Therefore, the coordinate size is directly given on the part drawing, or the size is quoted on the same basis as far as possible.
4. unified geometry type or size
The shape and cavity of the part adopt a uniform geometric type or size, which can reduce the number of tool changes, and it is also possible to apply a control program or a special program to shorten the program length. The shape of the parts is as symmetrical as possible, which is convenient for programming by using the mirror machining function of the surface grinder to save programming time.