The reason for the mechanical crawling is that the guide rail of the carriage is severely worn, and the ball of the screw rod is worn or loose. The machine tool should be maintained, the wire should be cleaned after get off work, and lubricating oil should be added in time to reduce friction. The problem of unstable dimensions in CNC machining can be said to be a headache. ANTISHI CNC milling machines have summarized ten common situations for you.
ANTISHI CNC Milling Machine
1. The workpiece size is accurate and the surface finish is poor
Cause of issue:
1) The tool tip is damaged and not sharp.
2) The machine tool resonates and the placement is not stable.
3) There is a phenomenon of crawling of machinery.
4) The processing technology is not good.
Solution (compared to above):
1) If the tool is not sharp after being worn or damaged, re-sharpen the tool or choose a better tool to re-calibrate the tool.
2) The machine tool produces resonance or the placement is not stable, adjust the level, lay the foundation, and fix it smoothly.
3) The reason for the mechanical crawling is that the guide rail of the carriage is severely worn, and the ball of the screw rod is worn or loose. The machine tool should be maintained, the wire should be cleaned after get off work, and lubricating oil should be added in time to reduce friction.
4) Select a coolant suitable for workpiece processing; in the case of meeting the processing requirements of other processes, try to choose a higher spindle speed.
2. The workpiece produces the phenomenon of taper size head
Cause of issue:
1) The level of machine tool placement is not adjusted properly, one is high and the other is low, resulting in unstable placement.
2) When turning the long axis, the workpiece material is relatively hard, and the tool is relatively deep, resulting in the phenomenon of knife yielding.
3) The tailstock thimble is not concentric with the main shaft.
1) Use a spirit level to adjust the level of the machine tool, lay a solid foundation, and fix the machine tool to improve its toughness.
2) Choose a reasonable process and appropriate cutting feed to avoid the force on the tool and let the tool.
3) Adjust the tailstock.
3. The driver phase light is normal, but the size of the workpiece is different
cause of issue
1) The long-term high-speed operation of the machine tool carriage leads to wear of the screw and bearing.
2) The repeated positioning accuracy of the tool holder will deviate during long-term use.
3) The carriage can accurately return to the starting point of processing every time, but the size of the workpiece still changes. This phenomenon is generally caused by the main shaft. The high-speed rotation of the main shaft causes serious bearing wear, resulting in changes in machining dimensions.
Solution (contrast with above)
1) Use the dial indicator against the bottom of the tool holder, and at the same time edit a fixed cycle program through the system to check the repeatability of the carriage, adjust the screw clearance, and replace the bearing.
2) Use a dial indicator to check the repeatability of the tool holder, adjust the machine or replace the tool holder.
3) Use the dial indicator to check whether the workpiece can be accurately returned to the starting point of the program; if so, overhaul the spindle and replace the bearing.
4. The size of the workpiece changes, or the axial change
cause of issue
1) The speed of fast positioning is too fast, and the drive and motor cannot respond.
2) After long-term friction and wear, the mechanical carriage screw and bearing are too tight and stuck.
3) The tool holder is too loose and locked after changing the tool.
4) The edited program is wrong, the head and tail do not correspond to each other or the tool compensation is not canceled.
5) The electronic gear ratio or step angle of the system is set incorrectly.