The vertical milling machine is suitable for using various rod milling cutters, circular milling cutters, and angle milling cutters to mill flat surfaces, inclined surfaces, grooves, etc. The milling head can be adjusted ±45° clockwise and counterclockwise in the vertical plane, and it can feed automatically in the X, Y, and Z directions. Next, let’s take a look at its usage and structural classification!
Vertical milling machine operation matters:
1.It is strictly prohibited for the operator to overload the equipment on the vertical milling machine.
2.Before starting the vertical milling machine, it must be carefully inspected according to the patrol inspection points and lubricated according to the lubrication chart.
3. When the vertical milling machine is parked for more than eight hours before starting the equipment, it should be rotated at a low speed for three to five minutes to confirm that the lubrication system is unobstructed and all parts are moving normally before starting to work.
4. During the use of the vertical milling machine, it is not allowed to leave or entrust others to take care of it, not to remove the safety protection device, and not to disassemble the follower iron.
5. Before moving the beam spindle table and lifting table of the vertical milling machine, the fastening screws should be loosened, the surrounding debris should be removed, and the guide rails should be cleaned and oiled.
6. When the vertical milling machine is in rapid or automatic feeding, the range-limiting gear should be adjusted first.
7. During the work of the vertical milling machine, the equipment, the operation and lubrication of each part must be checked frequently. If the operation or lubrication is poor, stop using it.
8. The work surface of the vertical milling machine is forbidden to put work, clamp measuring tools and workpieces.
9. When the vertical milling machine adjusts the automatic cycle, the correctness of the automatic cycle of the machine must be checked before starting the machine.
10. When the vertical milling machine has finished the work, put the handles in the non-working position, put the worktable in the middle position, drop the lifting table below and cut off the power supply.
The structure classification of vertical milling machine:
1. Desktop milling machine: a small milling machine used for milling small parts such as instruments and meters.
2. Cantilever milling machine: a milling machine with a milling head mounted on a cantilever. The bed is arranged horizontally. The cantilever can usually move vertically along the column guide rail on one side of the bed, and the milling head moves along the cantilever guide rail.
3. Ram type milling machine: a milling machine with a spindle mounted on a ram. The bed is arranged horizontally. The ram can move horizontally along the saddle guide rail, and the saddle can move vertically along the column guide rail.
4. Gantry milling machine: a milling machine in which the bed is arranged horizontally, and the columns and connecting beams on both sides constitute the gantry. The milling head is installed on the beam and the column, and can move along the guide rail. Generally, the beam can move vertically along the column guide rail, and the worktable can move longitudinally along the bed guide rail. Used for processing large parts.
5. Plane milling machine: a milling machine used for milling planes and forming surfaces. The bed is arranged horizontally. Usually the worktable moves longitudinally along the guide rail of the bed, and the main shaft can move axially. It has a simple structure and high production efficiency.
6. Profiling milling machine: a milling machine for profiling workpieces. Generally used for processing complex shape workpieces.
7. Elevating table milling machine: a milling machine with an elevating table that can move vertically along the bed rails. The worktable and sliding saddle usually installed on the elevating table can move longitudinally and laterally, respectively.
8. Rocker arm milling machine: The rocker arm is installed on the top of the bed, the milling head is installed at one end of the rocker arm, the rocker arm can rotate and move in the horizontal plane, and the milling head can rotate a certain angle on the end surface of the rocker arm.
9. Bed-type milling machine: The worktable cannot be raised and lowered, but can be moved longitudinally along the guide rail of the bed, and the milling head or column can be moved vertically.
10. Special milling machine: for example, tool milling machine: a milling machine used for milling tool molds, with high processing accuracy and complex processing shapes.
The milling machine produced by ANTS MACHINE has the advantages of stable performance and strong component reliability. More importantly, the ANTS MACHINE milling machine manufacturer has a strong technical force and experienced after-sales engineer team, which can provide our customers with 24-hour online services. Any technical questions about milling machines will be perfectly answered. When you buy a milling machine, you can find ANTS MACHINE. For details, please contact email@example.com