Compared with general grinders, the structure and performance of centerless grinders have the following characteristics:
1. Continuous processing, no need to retract the tool, short copying time for clamping workpieces, and high productivity.
2. The positioning organization of the bracket and the guide wheel is better than the support rigidity of the center and the center frame of the general cylindrical grinder, the cutting amount can be larger, and it is conducive to the processing of slender shaft workpieces, and it is easy to complete high-speed grinding and powerful grinding.
3. The workpiece of centerless grinder is positioned on the positioning structure by the outer circle, and the grinding amount is the margin on the diameter of the workpiece. Therefore, the wear of the grinding wheel, the compensation of the feed structure and the repeated positioning accuracy error of the cut structure affect the accuracy of the diameter of the part. . As long as half of the general cylindrical grinder, there is no need to punch the center hole, and it is easy to complete the automation of loading and unloading.
4. Wide grinding wheel centerless grinding machine has a pass-through structure, which can increase the machining allowance each time, and can grind complex profiles in sequence or multi-wheel grinding during cut-in grinding, with high productivity and wide application range.
5. The centerless grinder does not have the organization to ensure the relative position accuracy (coaxiality, perpendicularity, etc.) of the grinding surface and the non-grinding surface, and the roundness is poor when grinding the circumferential intermittent surface.
6. The grinding surface is prone to odd roundness. If it is larger, it will often cause the illusion that the measurement scale is smaller than the largest entity scale, which will affect the installation quality and operating performance.
7. The adjustment of the machine tool is more complicated and time-consuming. Every time a workpiece with a different diameter is replaced, the height of the bracket, the interval and the related process parameters need to be adjusted. Therefore, it is difficult to adjust the technology and is not suitable for small batch and single-piece production.